September has been designated as the solidarity month for the Philippines to intensify the call to uphold human rights and justice in the Philippines and end all extrajudicial killings and any and all forms of human rights violations there.
Various leaders across the region placed their support for the event:
1. Sarojeni Rengam, ILPS Vice-chairperson for Asia-Pacific and PANAP Executive Director (at 00:07)
2. Sr. Patricia Fox, Spokersperson for the Asia Pacific Coalition for Human Rights in the Philippines (at 01:43)
3. Azra Talat Sayeed, ILPS Vice-chairperson and International Women’s Alliance chairperson (at 03:08)
4. Ujjaini Halim, ILPS ICC Member (at 04:08)
5. Nahendra Khadka, ILPS ICC Member – Alternate (at 05:11)
6. Helda Khasmy, ILPS ICC Member and SERUNI Chairperson (at 06:32)
7. Misun Woo, APWLD Regional Coordinator (at 07:55)
8. Leung Kwok-hung, League of Social Democrats Vice-chairperson (at 08:18)
The ILPS Asia-Pacific encouraged all human rights advocates and peace-loving people and organizations across the region and the world to join in expressing solidarity for the Filipino people in their defense of human rights, justice and peace in the Philippines.
Please email us at [email protected] or message us here at our Facebook Page if you have any questions, comments or activities you wish to share with us.